These Philly Cheesesteak Jalapeno Poppers are a flavorful twist on a low carb favorite! Loaded with cheese and plenty of spice, you can't go wrong ...
These Philly Cheesesteak Jalapeno Poppers are a flavorful twist on a low carb favorite! Loaded with cheese and plenty of spice, you can’t go wrong with this keto friendly appetizer!
Jalapeno Poppers are one of the greatest keto dishes out there. They’re a very simple concept, very easy to make, and super low carb.
If you’re craving a more traditional recipe, with all of the breading and frying, be sure to check out these Low Carb Jalapeno Poppers! They won’t break your diet, but they’ll provide all of the crunchy and gooey goodness you love!
If you’re looking for more keto friendly air fryer side dishes, be sure to check out my cheesy cauliflower tots!
What Ingredients Will I Need?
All you’ll need for these air fryer philly cheesesteak jalapeno poppers are:
Jalapeno Peppers, halved and seeded
Beef Shaved Steak
That’s it! You just mix up the tasty filling, and stuff those jalapeno halves before cooking to perfection in your air fryer!
Are Jalapeno Poppers Spicy?
That depends on how you prepare them. The spicy part of a jalapeno pepper is the seeds inside. When you’re cutting them up and taking out the seeds you’re getting rid of the spice, depending on how thoroughly you prepare them.
If you prefer a spicier jalapeno popper, another option is to include chopped pickled jalapeno peppers in your filling. Alternatively, you could also soak the steak in that tasty jalapeno juice before stuffing. Both excellent options for any lover of extra heat!
This recipe makes 16 jalapeno poppers (8 jalapeno peppers halved) for two of them you’re looking at:
Total Carbs: 3.5g
Net Carbs: 2.3g
- 2 ounces beef shaved steak
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 8 large jalapenos
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces shredded provolone
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef shaved steak until no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Adding your preferred amount of salt and pepper about halfway through cooking.
- Slice the tops off the jalapenos and cut them in half lengthwise. Use a knife or spoon to carefully remove the seeds and white membrane. You can use gloves for this part if you prefer. The oil inside the pepper and sometimes cause burning and skin irriation.
- In a large bowl, use a rubber spatula to mix the cream cheese, provelone and cooked steak until well combined.
- Use a spoon to fill each jalapeno half with the cheese and meat mixture then level off the top.
- Place the poppers into the air fryer basket, working in batches as needed.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees and the timer for 5 minutes. If you have thicker jalapenos, you may need to add an extra 1-2 minutes to help them soften. Just be sure to keep an eye on the browning.
- When done, the poppers will be browned and golden on top. Let cool for at least 5 minutes then serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Servings Serving Size: 2 Jalapeno Poppers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97.5Total Fat: 7.8gCarbohydrates: 3.5gNet Carbohydrates: 2.3gFiber: 1.2gProtein: 4.3g