This Instant Pot quiche is an instant classic! Fair warning, you might be hooked from the very first time you try this easy, keto-friendly ...
This low carb strawberry pound cake is the perfect, fresh indulgent treat to satisfy your dessert cravings, even if you’re looking to lose weight!
Today we’re taking a little break from the typical low carb air fryer recipes for a very special reason.
Seven years ago, the creators of this blog got married and kicked off their lifetime of love. In celebration, we created this delicious, low carb strawberry pound cake that is so delicious our family literally devoured half of it within minutes after these photos were taken!
Is this strawberry pound cake keto friendly?
The nutrition info is right at the top so you can decide if this recipe is a good fit for your diet. While it wouldn’t fall under typical strict keto diet guidelines, it can be a great treat if you’re cutting carbs, or just enjoying a more flexible diet.
This cake (baked in a 9-inch round) makes 12 servings. With the whipped cream frosting and strawberries on top, for one slice you’re looking at:
Calories: 324 Calories
Total Carbs (including erythritol): 17.9g
Sugar Alcohols: 8g
Net Carbs: 7.9g
One major contributor to the carbs is an ingredient responsible for making the cake super strawberry-y–sugar free strawberry preserves. For one tablespoon of the brand I used, there are 5 grams of carbs.
This is an ingredient that wouldn’t typically fit a strict keto diet, but depending on what your specific guidelines are, it might be permissible.
If you’d prefer not to use sugar free strawberry preserves, try making this sugar free strawberry jam from Low Carb Maven. I think it would be an excellent replacement. Just be sure to recalculate the nutrition based on the direction you choose.
What low carb frosting should I use?
The frosting in this recipe is my new favorite. All you need to do is–using an electric mixer– mix 4 ounces (half a brick) of cream cheese with 1/2 cup of powdered erythritol (Swerve) until well combined.
Once they’re mixed, just pour in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream. Then, you’ll just keep mixing on high until it’s nice and fluffy.
Alright, that’s enough talking…here’s how you make this delicious low carb strawberry cake!
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Erythritol
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- 5 tbsp Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Erythritol
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Strawberries, Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Erythritol
For The Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously prepare a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment and/or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine butter and cream cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Be careful to not overheat the cream cheese because it may burn.
- Add erythritol, sour cream, and vanilla extract to wet mixture. Combine well.
- Stir dry mixture into wet mixture, add eggs and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- In a small bowl, scoop strawberry preserves and whisk vigorously to help break up the jelly globs. Pour the preserves over the cake batter and gently whisk it in, directly in the cake pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
For The Whipped Cream Frosting
- Using an electric mixer, in a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese and powdered erythritol.
- Once combined, pour in heave whipping cream and vanilla extract. Mix on high until fluffy.
For the Strawberry Topping
- Slice 6 strawberries and place the in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add powdered erythitol and allow to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour directly over frosted cake as desired.
Serving Size:1/12 of Cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 28.9gCarbohydrates: 27.6gNet Carbohydrates: 8.4gFiber: 2.2gSugar Alcohols: 17gProtein: 7.5g