This Instant Pot quiche is an instant classic! Fair warning, you might be hooked from the very first time you try this easy, keto-friendly ...
These easy keto air fryer rolls are the perfect bread substitute to support your low carb lifestyle! With only a few simple ingredients, and 10 minutes of cook time, they’ll quickly become a staple in your keto household!
One of the biggest struggles for many people following the keto diet. Of all the carbs to overcome, it seems like bread is the main obstacle that keeps people from committing to a low carb lifestyle.
Some people can easily ditch the carbs and never look back, but for me personally, I like to find keto friendly substitutes that never make me feel like I’m missing out.
Of course by now there are some really solid substitutions, which make it easier to enjoy everything from bagels and cream cheese to more traditional style sandwiches.
And the most common base for all of these recipes is the glorious and world famous fathead dough. Fathead is a combination of almond flour, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and egg.
This recipe is also a variation of the popular fathead dough, but it has some great modifications that help make the carbs even lower…plus this being an air fryer recipe, it comes together in a snap!
What ingredients do I need for keto air fryer rolls?
While the traditional fathead dough uses cream cheese, this recipe swaps it out for the fatty and delicious butter. We also don’t put egg IN the recipe, but instead we brush it on top to make a beautiful egg wash. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
Egg (for egg wash)
That’s it! You probably have all of these ingredients in your pantry right now, so you can go ahead and enjoy this delicious recipe in just a few minutes!
What does the nutrition look like?
Remember to calculate macronutrients on your own, using the brands you use if nutrition is important to you. Based on the brands I used, for one roll you’re looking at:
6.1 grams of Total Carbs
3 grams of Fiber
3.1 grams of Net Carbs
14.5 grams of Protein
24.5 grams of Fat
Depending on your daily macronutrient goals, you could enjoy one of these air fryer rolls as a side with dinner, or make larger rolls to use as buns, perhaps even to make a delicious rib sandwich with my tasty air fryer ribs!
This recipe can easily be customized to add flavors or shape differently for another bread based treat. Let your creativity flow and let me know what you come up with!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter, separated
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
For egg wash
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons butter
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine almond flour, mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons of butter. Microwave for 90 seconds or until cheese and butter and melted.
- Mix dough together with a rubber spatula until well combined. Add baking powder and vinegar before mixing again thoroughly.
- Once dough is cool enough to work with your hands, separate dough into 8 balls for rolls. Let rolls sit for 5 minutes.
- Melt 2 additional tablespoons of butter in the microwave before mixing together with egg. Brush the mixture on the top of each roll.
- Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper and place rolls onto parchment. You may have to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Set air fryer to 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Halfway through, use tongs to flip rolls for even cooking.
- When the timer goes off, remove rolls from air fryer basket. Allow rolls to set and cool completely before eating.
Serving Size:1 Roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296 CaloriesTotal Fat: 24.5gCarbohydrates: 6.1g Total, 3.1g NETgFiber: 3gProtein: 14.5g