These keto air fryer chicken tenders are a crispy and delicious, easy to make and satisfying low carb meal that the whole family can enjoy!
Chicken tenders are such a good idea especially when you’re short on time and looking for a family-friendly main dish. Of course, when you follow a keto or low carb diet, there are few to zero options available at your local grocery store.
Thankfully, it’s pretty simple to keto air fryer chicken tenders yourself in the air fryer while achieving crispiness and deliciousness!
What ingredients do I need to make air fryer chicken tenders?
There are just a few ingredient and some pantry staples are all you’ll need to prepare these tasty chicken tenders :
- Raw Chicken Tenders – This recipe calls for 2 pounds of them
- Almond Flour – I like to go for a blanched, finely sifted almond flour like Bob’s Red Mill
- Crushed Pork Rinds – To crush them finely in the easiest way, you’ll probably want to crush them in a food processor
- Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper – Feel free to adjust seasonings to your taste preferences
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Hot Sauce – This is optional, but I think it adds a nice flavor
- Oil to spray on chicken before cooking
For one serving (1/4 pound) of these chicken tenders you’re looking at:
Calories: 574 Calories
Total Carbs: 5g Total Carbs
Fiber: 2g Fiber
Net Carbs: 3g Net Carbs
Protein: 67g Protein
Fat: 31g Fat
- 2 lbs raw chicken tenderloins
- 2 bags crushed pork rinds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- cooking spray
- In a food processor, crush two bags of pork rinds. Pour into large mixing bowl and add seasonings.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, heavy whipping cream and hot sauce.
- Place chicken tenders, one at a time into cream mixture, then pork rind mixture, fully coating before setting on a plate.
- Once all chicken tenders are fully coated, spray both sides of each with cooking spray before placing into air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to work in batches.
- Set air fryer temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set air fryer timer to 25 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, use tongs to carefully flip each tender to ensure even cooking.
- Chicken will be done when internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully remove chicken tenders from basket and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 574Total Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gProtein: 67g
Any Nutritional Information provided is an amateur estimate. Please verify with your own brands and ingredients if nutrition is important to you.