This delicious keto Chicken Parmesan recipe is an easy to make air fryer dinner for two full of savory Italian flavors, low carb style!
Chicken Parmesan, or chicken Parm, as so many affectionately call it, is such a classic dish. So easy, so tasty, and so satisfying.
But the traditional method isn’t a great match for a low carb diet. The carbs in those bread crumbs add up quickly, and if you’re trying to stay in ketosis with a traditional chicken parm, you’ll likely have a tough time.
But there’s hope! This lighter version cuts the calories and carbs without sacrificing any of that delicious Italian flavor. Get ready for an easy, satisfying, dinner for two with just a few simple ingredients!
Need a tasty sweet treat to balance out the savory keto air fryer chicken parmesan? Check out my keto air fryer chocolate cake recipe to take care of that sweet tooth!
What ingredients do I need for air fryer Chicken Parmesan?
- Chicken Breasts
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Tomato Sauce - I prefer Rao's. This brand makes a low carb sauce that's absolutely delicious. It is on the pricier side, though, so just use whatever works best for you!
- Italian Seasoning
- Cooking Spray
- Optional but recommended “breading”: Crushed Pork rinds, Grated Parmesan
I think just about anyone could make this recipe. It’s certainly the easiest Chicken Parmesan I’ve ever made, and it was gobbled up in even shorter time than it was cooked!
What’s a good keto friendly breadcrumb substitute?
Pork rinds is the most popular. I especially love them mixed with grated Parmesan cheese, especially in a recipe like this. You can just do equal parts pork rinds and Parmesan and you’ll be good to go for a delicious crunch that reminds you of breadcrumbs.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Pork Rinds
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cooking Spray
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning on both sides. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts directly in air fryer basket and set temperature to 350°F. Set the timer to 12 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, using tongs, carefully flip each chicken breast. Remove from air fryer after 12 minutes and when internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
- Transfer chicken to baking dish of choice. I primarily use a six-inch-round cake pan because they can easily fit into most air fryer baskets.
- Top chicken breasts with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, breading of pork rinds and Parmesan cheese, and additional seasoning, if desired.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray to help keep the toppings from blowing around in the air fryer.
- Placed the prepared baking dish into the air fryer basket and cook for an additional 5 minutes at 350°F to adequately melt the cheese.
- After five minutes remove dish from air fryer and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358
Any Nutritional Information provided is an amateur estimate. Please verify with your own brands and ingredients if nutrition is important to you.