These keto air fryer broccoli cheddar chicken poppers are an easy and incredible low carb meal that your family will love!
In search of an easy, healthy comfort meal that you can put together in minutes?
Look no further! With just a few simple ingredients and your air fryer, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time!
Even better, to help encourage the kiddos to eat their veggies, the broccoli in this recipe is hidden inside of the chicken and smothered with ooey gooey cheese. It would be hard not to love this recipe!
Be sure to check out my copycat chipotle burrito bowl for another quick and easy idea!
What ingredients do I need for these broccoli cheddar chicken poppers?
Very few ingredients are necessary to make this easy dish! All you need are:
- Ground Chicken Thigh –You can also use Ground Chicken Breast, but thigh will produce a more flavorful end result. (Go ahead and throw some salt and pepper on any ground chicken you use to bring out the flavor!)
- Parmesan Cheese (that green plastic can of grated cheese from the supermarket is perfect!)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese (pre-shredded is fine, but fresh shredded off the block is even better)
- Cream Cheese
- Broccoli Florets (I go for the frozen steamer bags to make it easy)
How many calories in one serving?
Even if you’re not following a low carb lifestyle, these healthy chicken poppers are filling and satisfying!
For one serving (2 poppers—recipe makes 10) you’re looking at:
Calories: 331 Calories
Total Carbs: 2.64g
Net Carbs: 2.04g
And another pro-tip for picky kids, let them dip the keto air fryer broccoli chicken poppers in a little ranch dressing. So good!
- 1 cup broccoli florets, measured then chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb ground chicken thigh
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix the broccoli, cheddar and cream cheese until combined. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the ground chicken and parmesan until combined. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Form the mixture into a large ball then flatten gently. Separate the mixture in half then separate each half into 5 balls.
- Wet your hands with water to prevent sticking then take a ball of ground chicken and make a hole in the center for the filling. Take a heaping tablespoon of the broccoli and cheese mixture and place into the center of the ball. Using wet hands, gently press and form the ground chicken around the filling, smoothing to close and edges.
- If your air fryer is smaller, you may only be able to fit 5 poppers in at a time so you may need to work in batches. Spritz poppers with cooking spray to aid in browning and prevent sticking.
- Place poppers into the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 370 degrees and the timer for 12-15 minutes. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees when done. For smaller batches, begin checking after 12 minutes whereas larger baskets may require a few extra minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then serve warm with your choice of dipping sauce such as ranch dressing.
Serving Size:2 poppers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 22.94gCarbohydrates: 2.64gNet Carbohydrates: 2.06gFiber: .6gProtein: 29.3g