These Keto Bagels made in the air fryer are the perfect, low carb way to start your morning! Quick, easy and filling, this recipe will quickly become one of your go-to favorites!
Bagels have always been one of my favorite parts of mornings. They're the perfect breakfast--bready, kinda chewy, and when toasted just right, they have an unbeatable crunch.
Don't even get me started on the cream cheese!
Obviously, traditional bagels aren't the best option for a keto or low carb diet. One typical bagel can run 48 grams of carbs. Yikes... if you're trying to stay under 20 grams of carbs in a day, regular bagels won't work out for you.
But thankfully there's a solution!
What do you need to make keto bagels?
Fathead dough usually uses cream cheese, but since most of the time you put cream cheese on top of a bagel, I didn't want to double up on it!
Making these bagels in the air fryer cuts down the time. You could even cook a bunch and freeze them, then just toast them up in the morning for a quick and easy breakfast!
How many carbs in low carb bagels?
These are definitely not the size as a typical bagel, but because they're kind of dense and more filling, I don't think you'll mind that at all. I made 3 mini bagels and 3 bagel bites with this recipe. For one bagel the nutrition info is:
Total Carbs 8.3g
Net Carbs 4.3g
How can you customize your air fryer bagels?
The possibilities are endless. Everything for jalapeno cheddar bagels to cinnamon sugar (using swerve sweetener), you can get really creative with this recipe.
One of my favorite things to put on any kind of bagel is everything bagel seasoning and it's super simple to make yourself!
Here's how you make the base! But please let me know how you customize them. There's no such thing as too much bagel inspiration!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 egg
For Egg Wash
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Butter
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine almond flour, mozzarella cheese and butter. Microwave for 90 seconds or until cheese and butter and melted.
- Mix dough together with a rubber spatula until well combined. Add baking powder, vinegar, and egg before mixing again thoroughly.
- Once dough is cool enough to work with your hands, separate dough into 6 balls for bagels. Mold into your preferred shape (traditional bagel or bagel bite) and let sit for 5 minutes. (Wet hands really help you mold the dough easier)
- Melt 2 additional tablespoons of butter in the microwave before mixing together with egg. Brush the mixture on the top of each bagel.
- Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper and place rolls onto parchment. You may have to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Set air fryer to 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Halfway through, use tongs to flip bagels for even cooking.
- When the timer goes off, remove bagels from air fryer basket. Allow bagels to set and cool completely before eating.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 Bagel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408.7Total Fat: 33.5gCarbohydrates: 8.3g Total, 4.3g NetgFiber: 4gProtein: 20.3gg