These air fryer ribs are a barbecue lovers dream! In just 25 minutes you’ll have delicious, tender and crispy ribs that will satisfy your whole family.
That’s right… we’re starting things off with one of my favorite foods…Ribs.
I had never considered cooking ribs in an air fryer because they always seemed like a dish reserved for the grill. But you can oven bake ribs, so of course you can air fryer them!
With the magic of air frying, you can achieve delicious, tender, juicy ribs with just the right amount of crisp quickly and easily.
How do you cook ribs in the air fryer?
Short answer: very simply.
My favorite are the pork back ribs I get from my local Kroeger store. This whole rack was just about $15 bucks and came unseasoned. This, of course, gives you the freedom to spice it up just the way you like.
Just a quick note: depending on the size of your air fryer, the amount of ribs you purchase might have a tough time fitting. My Power Air Fryer XL can fit half of the rack at a time, so I just cut them up and cook them in batches.
I like to season my ribs pretty simple, so I opt for salt and pepper every time. Just salt and pepper. Feel free to throw in some garlic powder, some cayenne, whatever you like, but I love keeping it simple.
All it takes is a generous seasoning (I used pink Himalayan salt and fresh cracked pepper) on both sides, and you’re ready to fry!
20 minutes at 400 degrees is how I like to get the job done.
You just flip it over at the 10 minute mark (use tongs…it’s going to be VERY HOT).
According to ____ ribs should be cooked to an internal temperature of
What about barbecue sauce?
Once the 20 minutes are done, you simply brush your favorite sauce right onto the top side of the ribs. You don’t have to use too much, but doing this before setting the air fryer for 5 more minutes at 400 really helps to seal in that barbecue flavor that these ribs deserve.
Once they’re done, take them out of the air fryer basket, let them cool, and serve with more sauce, of course!
- 2 pounds Pork Back Ribs
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- Cut ribs to fit your specific air fryer basket.
- Season both sides of your ribs with salt and pepper.
- Adjust air fryer temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- At 10 minute mark, use tongs to flip ribs over in air fryer basket. Place basket back in air fryer for the remaining 10 minutes. When done, ribs should have an internal temperature of at least 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the timer goes off, brush ribs with BBQ Sauce, place back in fryer for 5 more minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve warm with additional BBQ Sauce, if desired.
Serving Size:1/4 Rack of Ribs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 635