Cilantro Lime is a wonderfully flavorful way to enjoy your chicken! And this air fryer recipe just might make cilantro lime chicken thighs a new favorite!
The air fryer makes cooking so much easier. Whether you’re cooking keto air fryer recipes, like these air fryer chicken fajitas, these air fryer drumsticks…or just reheating your pizza, the air fryer makes it simple.
And that continues to be true in this finger-licking good recipe for air fryer chicken thighs. You may not have considered your air fryer for much more than chicken wings, like my air fryer Jamaican jerk chicken wings, but once you do, it’ll be hard to go back.
Cooking chicken in your air fryer allows it to cook more quickly than your oven, and get a better crisp on the outside while staying nice and juicy on the inside.
Is chicken thigh good for keto?
Chicken thighs are one of the least expensive cuts of chicken. They’re fattier than chicken breasts, and often come with bones and skin still intact.
If you’re following a keto diet, or a low carb high fat diet, chicken thighs are an excellent, budget-friendly go-to purchase!
By comparison, 3.5 ounces of raw, boneless skinless chicken breast has about 2.6 grams of fat while the same amount of bone-in, skin-on chicken thigh has a whopping 15.3 grams of fat. (source: National Chicken Council)
What ingredients do I need to make cilantro lime chicken thighs?
The ingredients are so simple! All you’ll need are:
- Bone-In, Skin-On Chicken Thighs
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Fresh Cilantro
If you don’t have actual limes, you can substitute in lime juice. I prefer using fresh limes, but you still get the tasty flavor both ways!
This recipe serves 4, so it easily breaks down to one chicken thigh per serving. For one chicken thigh you’re looking at:
Total Carbs: 2.21g
Net Carbs: 1.37g
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 medium limes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste (I like 1 tsp of salt per pound of chicken)
- In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over chicken thighs and rub gently underneath the chicken skin to ensure the meat also gets seasoned, not just the skin.
- Squeeze the juice of one half of a lime (approx. 1 tablespoon) over the thighs. Place chicken in air fryer basket.
- Adjust the temperature to 350 F and set timer for 25 minutes.
- Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165 F
- Cut other lime into slices for garnish and sprinkle thighs with additional lime and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 Chicken Thigh
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222.5Total Fat: 15.6gCarbohydrates: 2.21gNet Carbohydrates: 1.37gFiber: .837gProtein: 17.8g
Any Nutritional Information provided is an amateur estimate. Please verify with your own brands and ingredients if nutrition is important to you.