These Jamaican jerk chicken wings are bursting with authentic Caribbean flavor, and they're ridiculously easy to make in your air fryer!
One fun fact about me--I am half Jamaican...and I've had my fair share of Jamaican jerk chicken throughout my life. This recipe is fantastic, and that's because of the key ingredients: the seasoning.
Need a bread-replacement to eat on the side? Be sure to check out my keto air fryer rolls!
Are Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings spicy?
Jerk seasoning by nature is spicy, but with this recipe you do have options! That brings me to the key ingredient: the seasoning! I can't recommend Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning enough. If you want authentic flavor in the easiest way possible, you have to try it. PLUS, they have a Mild variety as well as a Hot & Spicy kind. If you're not a fan of spicy, go for the mild. It definitely still has a kick, but I found it very reasonable.
Do I have to marinate my wings?
You don't HAVE to, but I recommend letting the wings rest in the seasoning in the refrigerator for at least one hour. This helps the flavor really soak in, and I think you'll appreciate the flavor in the end result.
If you really don't have time, you can just put the seasoning on the wings right before you put them in the air fryer. It'll still be delicious!
How long do I cook wings in the air fryer?
Generally I stick to 400°F for 20 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through. This has worked very well for me, and I make quite a few wings!
Keep in mind, every air fryer is different so if you don't already have a routine, you'll want to periodically check on your wings to make sure that they at least reach the safe internal temperature of 165°F, but that they're not overcooking.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken wings, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and jerk seasoning. Make sure wings are well coated. I used my hands to really mix everything together, but of course, be careful when handling raw meat.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Place marinated wings in air fryer basket in a single layer. A single layer helps to make sure the wings get evenly cooked and don't become soggy. You may have to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Set air fryer temperature to 400°F and set timer to 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, using tongs, carefully flip wings.
- After the timer goes off, as long as the internal temperature of the chicken has reached at least 165°F carefully remove the wings from the air fryer basket and allow to cool to a reasonable level before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 servings Serving Size: 1/4 lb
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267
Any Nutritional Information provided is an amateur estimate. Please verify with your own brands and ingredients if nutrition is important to you.