This Air Fryer Chicken Crust Pizza is a delicious, low carb recipe that replaces the traditionally bready crust with healthy protein! Your days ...
This Air Fryer Chicken Crust Pizza is a delicious, low carb recipe that replaces the traditionally bready crust with healthy protein!
Your days of enjoying amazing pizza aren’t done just because you’re following a low carb diet. With more options than ever, pizza lovers have no reason to fret. From fathead pizza crust to pork rind pizza crust, the options seem endless. You can even make keto calzones!
And if you haven’t tried the protein rich chicken crust pizza, you’re in for a treat! Chicken crust pizza has been around for a while–there are even companies that make frozen chicken crust pizza (affiliate) that you can buy in the grocery store!
But making this keto pizza from scratch in the air fryer is super easy, and it gives you the option to customize your sauces and toppings based on what flavor profile you’re looking for–or what ingredients you have on hand!
What ingredients do I need to make air fryer chicken crust?
The crust is really simple, and only requires 3 simple ingredients:
Ground Chicken – I prefer ground chicken thigh because it has more flavor and fat, but ground chicken breast is typically easier to find at your grocery store.
Mozzarella Cheese – This helps hold the crust together and adds flavor.
Egg – An egg is also important for molding the crust. Think about how you typically make meatballs. Same basic concept.
From this point you can add seasonings to really kick up the flavor of your chicken crust. Italian seasoning blends work great.
The nutrition I calculated is based on the crust and specific toppings that I chose for this recipe. Keep in mind if you customize for a different flavor (which I think you should!) the nutrition info will come out differently.
For one serving of this pizza you’re looking at:
Calories: 578 Calories
Total Carbs: 6.3 grams
Fiber: 0.62 grams
Net Carbs: 5.7 grams
Protein: 52.7 grams
Fat: 36.8 grams
For the crust
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
For the toppings
- 1 cup Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce, divided
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 30 pepperoni slices
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cut 4 pieces of parchment paper into 8 inch rounds and one 8x8-inch square piece.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, cheeses, seasoning and egg.
- Wet your hands with water, to prevent sticking, then separate the mixture into four even balls. Place a ball of chicken mixture onto each of the four 8-inch rounds.
- Place the large piece of parchment on top of a ground chicken ball. Press down gently to flatten into a disc. Use a rolling pin to flatten into a 6-inch round. Repeat for the remaining three crusts, reusing the large piece of parchment as a barrier between the raw meat and the rolling pin.
- Place as many crusts will fit into the air fryer basket, working in batches as necessary.
- Set the timer to cook for 18 minutes, removing when 9 minutes remain. The top should be browned and firm. Use a spatula to carefully flip the crust and top it with sauce, cheese and toppings. Return to the air fryer for the additional 9 minutes. When done, the crust should have an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees and the edges will be browned.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 578Total Fat: 36.8gCarbohydrates: 6.3gNet Carbohydrates: 5.7gFiber: .62gProtein: 52.7g
Any Nutritional Information provided is an amateur estimate. Please verify with your own brands and ingredients if nutrition is important to you.