This Air Fryer Chicken Crust Pizza is a delicious, low carb recipe that replaces the traditionally bready crust with healthy protein! Your days ...
This recipe for air fryer chicken breast is an easy, go-to for anytime you need simple, juicy, well-flavored chicken.
There are so many amazing chicken recipes out there for the air fryer, but sometimes you just need a simple, cooked chicken. This is often the case when a recipe calls for cooked chicken, like in my keto air fryer chicken parmesan, or when you’re just looking for a simple main dish to eat with vegetables for dinner.
This recipe is all about chicken breast, but it wouldn’t be right to talk about air fryer chicken without addressing one of my absolute favorites–air fryer chicken wings!
If you haven’t tried chicken wings in the air fryer, you’re seriously missing out on crispy, savory goodness. Be sure to check out my air fryer Jamaican jerk chicken wings and my Keto Dill Pickle Air Fryer Wings. They’re so delicious and super simple.
Can you cook raw chicken in an air fryer?
Absolutely! The air fryer isn’t just for heating up pre-cooked, frozen, breaded foods. You can absolutely cook from scratch in your air fryer. Just make sure you’re using a meat thermometer to verify that your chicken is safe to eat. According to foodsafety.gov, 165 degrees Fahrenheit is the minimum safe internal temperature for chicken.
How long to cook chicken breast in the air fryer
One of the best things about this recipe is that it doesn’t take long to cook at all. Just about 12-15 minutes is all it takes to get perfect chicken breast. Every air fryer is different so your cooking time may vary a little bit. Again, make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 3 teaspoons better than bouillon roasted chicken base
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Place each chicken piece onto a clean work surface. In a small bowl, mix the better than bouillon with 1 teaspoon of water. Evenly rub into each piece of chicken, coating as well as possible.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt. Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken. Gently massage into the chicken to ensure each piece is well coated.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and place into the air fryer basket. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is browned on the edges and reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 4-ounce chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 16gCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 58g