Air Fryer Cheesy Cauliflower Tots are a revolution in healthy, low carb eating! With so much more flavor and so many fewer carbs than the potato alternative, you won’t be able to get enough of this delicious recipe!
If you’ve been following a low carb lifestyle for any amount of time, you probably know that cauliflower is an excellent substitute for potatoes.
There’s cauliflower potato salad, cauliflower hash browns, and even cauliflower au gratin.
They sadly haven’t figured out Cauliflower Apple Pie though…maybe some day…a guy can dream…
But that’s besides the point, because I have an awesome recipe for you that cooks up so fast and crispy in your air fryer you’re going to want to make it all the time.
Air Fryer Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
The ingredients are simple, and the nutritious, ever-versatile cauliflower is the star of the show. Here’s all you’ll need:
That’s it! These low carb cauliflower tots come together so quickly and they’re very filling. A few of these would make the perfect side dish if you were looking for a potatoey companion for my easy air fryer ribs!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 ounces 100% cheese crisps, crushed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- On the stovetop, fill a large pot with 2 cups of water and place a steamer basket in the pan. Bring water to a boil.
- Remove the core and leaves from the cauliflower then cut into florets. Carefully drop florets into the steamer basket, then cover.
- Allow cauliflower to steam 7 minutes until fork tender.
- Remove from steamer basket and let cool for 10 minutes. Place into cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel then squeeze over sink to remove as much excess moisture as possible. The tots will be soggy if you don't remove enough of the water.
- Put the cauliflower into a food processor and add mozzarella, cheese crisps, egg, garlic powder, parsley, and onion powder. Process on low for 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed. The mixture should be a little wet but hold shape when molded.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into tot shape. Repeat with remaining mixture. Cut a piece of parchment to fit your air fryer and place into the bottom of the basket.
- Place the tots into the basket, making sure each edge is weighed down with a tot, otherwise the parchment will blow and not cook evenly.
- Adjust the temperature to 320 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 12 minutes, turning halfway through cook time.
- Cauliflower tots should be golden when fully cooked. Let cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Servings Serving Size: 5 Tots
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 11gCarbohydrates: 12g Total, 8g NetgFiber: 4gProtein: 19g