This post will show you how to get air fryer bacon, perfectly cooked, every time. Afraid your air fryer will smoke? I’ve got a fix for that too!
This post will be shorter than most because there isn’t THAT much to say. But if you haven’t tried making bacon in your air fryer yet, you’re definitely missing out!
Of course bacon is delicious on the stove top, but I do prefer a more “set it and forget it” method of cooking. The oven is usually a good solution for that, but it just takes too long for my liking.
So I had to learn how to perfectly crisp bacon in my air fryer.
How do you cook bacon in the air fryer?
There are a few different ways to fry it, but either way your air fryer bacon will come out crispy and delicious.
I think the best (and easiest) option is just laying the bacon across the bottom of the frying basket, being careful to make sure the strips aren’t really overlapping.
If the strips do overlap, they probably won’t all cook fully and evenly.
Bacon doesn’t normally blow around too much in an air fryer, but if you want to keep it from curling, you can place a small rack directly on top. I used the trivet from my Instant Pot.
How do you keep your air fryer from smoking?
Your bacon is going to let out a lot of grease, that’s just a fact… but you can easily keep yourself from a big mess (and keep your fryer from smoking) by using bread to soak up the grease.
That’s right, the secret is bread!
Just line the very bottom of your air fryer with bread, before cooking. It’ll make cleanup a breeze, and make for some tasty toast if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Sliced bacon (my air fryer can fit 6 strips at a time, adjust accordingly to yours)
- Lay slices of bread, enough to cover the surface, on the very bottom of a clean air fryer.
- Place a single layer of bacon across the air fryer basket, being careful to not overlap the strips.
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 9 minutes.
- Check the bacon halfway through, and adjust slices that may have blown around.
- Remove bacon once desired crispiness has been achieved.
Serving Size:2 Slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 194mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 4g