These easy to make air fryer bacon wrapped onion rings are one of my all time favorite keto-friendly snacks and appetizers!
I think comfort food can mean a lot of different things. Sometimes it’s soups and stews, sometimes it’s a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. And in the case of this recipe, it’s classic sports bar food. You know, the fried, heavy goodness that you might be found eating while watching a game?
That’s the stuff.
But it’s rare that this delicious and indulgent goodness is ever low carb friendly. It’s almost always covered in breading, and therefore very difficult to fit into a keto diet.
But these air fryer bacon wrapped onion rings put a tasty spin on the classic favorite, and after you try them, I don’t think you’ll look back!
What ingredients will I need for this recipe?
All you really need is a couple of white onions and a pack of bacon. I like to “put some stank” on this recipe as so to speak, by brushing the onion in BBQ Sauce before wrapping it in bacon. You can also brush the onion rings after they’re done cooking for even more flavor!
Side Note: My favorite low carb BBQ Sauce is Ken Davis Sassy 2 Carb. I truly believe you can’t go wrong with this stuff, and my whole family loves it! Try to find it in the health section of your local grocery store before paying the bigger price online. I get it for about $3.50 from Hy-Vee.
How long do I cook the onion rings for?
It took me just about ten minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep in mind, every air fryer is different and you’ll want to periodically check on your food each time you make a recipe to make sure it doesn’t burn or overcook.
You may also want to use a toothpick to secure the bacon to the onion if it’s still flimsy after you wrap it around.
- 2 White Onions
- 1 lb bacon
- Cut onions into several one-inch rings. Separate rings into sets of two. That is, you'll want the thickness of two plain onion rings before wrapping bacon around them.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each prepared set of onion rings. If bacon does not completely cover onion, use a portion of another slice of bacon.
- Secure bacon to onion rings with toothpick if flimsy.
- Set air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and set timer to 10 minutes.
- Once bacon is cooked completely, remove rings from air fryer and allow to cool before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 2 Onion Rings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gProtein: 31g
Any Nutritional Information provided is an amateur estimate. Please verify with your own brands and ingredients if nutrition is important to you.